Having plump, full lips is often considered to be a sign of good health, youth, and beauty. Whether you were born with naturally thin lips, have one lip bigger than the other, or are finding that the natural ageing process is causing your lips to thin, you don’t have to settle for your lot. Here at Swann Beauty we offer a lip filling service which can help you to achieve natural looking, plumper lips with a quick and easy procedure.
If you’ve never had a cosmetic procedure before, the thought of having lip injections might be a little bit daunting. So we thought we’d lay out some of the pros and cons for you here and let you make up your own mid whether or not lip fillers are for you; and if this doesn’t help, you can always speak to us for more information and advice.
When to consider lip fillers
- You’ve always had thin lips that disappear when you smile.
- Your lips are becoming thinner and less full as you age.
- Your thin lips are affecting your self-confidence.
- Your face would look and feel more balanced if your lips were fuller.
The pros of lip fillers
There are a number of benefits associated with lip fillers, as follows:
- The treatment is non-invasive and won’t leave any unsightly scars on your face.
- The treatment is quick and relatively pain-free, just a few simple injections to ensure the filler is in the right place within your lips.
- The recovery time is almost instant; you may feel a little tingling at the injection site afterwards, but you can carry on with your day straight after the procedure.
- Lip fillers are usually a temporary treatment, so if you’re not happy with the way your lips look then you can rest assured that the effect will wear off after a while.
- The procedure can be fully tailored to you, allowing you to work with the practitioner in order to achieve your desired level of fullness.
The cons of lip fillers
As with most things in life, there are a number of potential downsides with lip fillers, and we would be remiss if we didn’t provide you with both sides of the coin:
- The temporary nature of lip fillers means that the procedure will need to be repeated every few months to maintain your desired lip fullness.
- There is a possibility that your lips may become uneven and asymmetrical after the procedure.
- There is some risk of an allergic reaction to the filler – however at Swann Beauty we ensure that we carry out a preliminary assessment to determine your likelihood of having a reaction.
- The results are temporary so you’ll need to have the procedure done two or three times a year to maintain your fuller lips, which can be costly and time-consuming.
We hope this has answered some of your questions and helped you to make up your mind about whether or not to have lip fillers. If you’d like to know more about the procedure then please don’t hesitate to contact us and we’ll be happy to answer your questions and offer advice.